Steve Hess, MS – Advisory Board Member
- NBA strength coach: 21 years as Director of Performance for the Denver Nuggets
- As Director of Performance for the Denver Nuggets, Steve was responsible for overseeing the team’s weight training, conditioning, and nutritional programs. He designed and arranged the Nuggets’ weight room in the Pepsi Center and designed functional pieces of equipment unique to the Denver Nuggets.
- MS emphasis on sports medicine
- BS in Exercise Science, Fitness, and Cardiac Rehabilitation; Ithaca College, NY
- Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) mastery certification (2015)
- Mastery Level Resistance Training Specialist (RTSm) certification (2017)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Awarded the RSCC*E (Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach with 20+ years of experience) (2018)
- Chief Performance Officer for Panorama Orthopedic and Spine Center
- Scientific facility board for Panorama Orthopedics and Spine Center
- One of six trainers worldwide who sits on the Under Armour Training Council
- Scientific advisory board for Masimo MightySat
At Panorama Wellness and Sports Institute and Panorama Orthopedic and Spine Center Steve has undertaken the task to revolutionize the exercise industry. To accomplish this, a team of specialists work close together to determine the most appropriate treatments and programs. They have devised a “Performance Profile” which gives them the fingerprint of your physiology. It is non-invasive and objective allowing them an exact three dimension look at how a muscular-skeletal system looks while in motion; providing them with joint angles, and force output at all positions of movement.
In addition, they are able, through ultrasound, to determine muscular asymmetry and glycolytic capacities. Most importantly being able to determine the actual age of a muscle. Through all this objective data they are creating an algorithm, which has been able to group individuals into high risk, moderate risk, and low risk categories. Once they have obtained this information, they have a tactical plan to create workouts, treatments and programs according to your fingerprint. That is Panorama Wellness and Sports Institute!
Steve has been featured on NBA Inside Stuff, All-Access with Ahmad Rashad, NBATV and The Eating Network. He also has his own workout segment on the Altitude Sports & Entertainment network and has been featured on all Denver major news channels as well as the Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News and the Wall Street Journal.